A simple DIY Ornament Project, with a maximum beauty for result. Click through to see the Tutorial for these lovely holiday ornaments. Happy Holidays!
Today I wanted to share a super simple technique for producing gingerbread men tree ornaments! Tito and I will be giving these to our friends as stocking stuffers this Christmas, but they also make very cute gift tags.
You will need:
- Polymer clay (I’m using Sculpey III, colour ‘gold’)*
- Talcum powder
- Cookie cutters
- Inka Gold Metallic Rub (optional)
- Acrylic Ink, and a small paintbrush
- Something for making impressions in the clay (I’m using soap molds and dollar store jewellery)
- Either a pasta machine or an acrylic roller to roll out the clay
- Resin (optional)
- Drinking straw
- Wax paper
*A quick note on polymer clays:
Sculpey is more brittle than fimo when cured. Fimo is stiffer and harder to work with when not cured. I prefer Sculpey, but to add strength and gloss to my pieces I add a coat of resin at the end. If you are skipping the resin…
View original post 368 more words